Sunday, June 17, 2012

Happy Father's Day!

My dad and granddad are so amazing. I am beyond blessed to still have both of thing going strong and taking large roles in our lives.  Thank You, Jesus!

We celebrated my dad and Dede yesterday with lunch at Maggiano's after the Joel Rosenberg conference.  Maggiano's is an amazing Italian restaurant by the Galleria.  We left with enough left overs for all 8 of us to have for two more meals-no joke.  I didn't manage to get any family photos, but I did take these when Dad and Dede were brought plates of their famous Italian lemon cookies:
Start children off in the way they should go, and even when they are old, they will not turn from it. ~Proverbs 22:6  Thank you both!

Today, Isaac was spoiled by the pups. Yes, we celebrate Mother's Day and Father's Day too.  Besides, as Isaac pointed out Saturday night, he has acted as a father to many human children, and he's completely right.  Just because we can't have kids at this moment makes him no less of a father to so, so many.  He's worked tirelessly to be an example of Christ to orphans and other kids we know. I bought him a Keurig.  Neither of us drink coffee, but we do drink lots of tea, so we thought we'd try one.  Between coupons and a gift card, I snagged this thing for $40.  That makes me not feel too badly about owning it!
After church, we run a few errands and then packed up half our house to be able to join 3 other families from our adult Sunday School class at the beach.  We've never taken the dogs to the beach with the intent of being stationary, but we tried it yesterday.  There were 6 kids ranging in age from 6-12, so I wasn't sure what to expect from Bailey and Aggie Belle, but they were in puppy heaven all evening.  I suggested buying a dog tie stake so Aggie Belle could roam close by and we'd be hands free long enough to play or eat.  It worked perfectly, and the kids took to our two like they were all long lost buddies.  Those dogs swam and played harder than ever before.  The mommas and I sat in the surf and chatted away for four hours talking about fun things, but also several topics that made me ponder my own heart and motives.  Love it. The dads and Isaac wrangled the kids while we visited.  Yes, that was probably backwards since it is Father's Day, but no one seemed to mind.  The guys and kids ended up playing some crazy game of baseball using a basketball.  It thrilled my heart to see Isaac in the middle of all of it.  What a fun, blessed day!
The guys and little Carly playing up a sand storm!
This little boy charmed the whole beach and made a ton of friends, human and canine.  I was very impressed.  See that sand on his cute nose?

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...