Tuesday, July 31, 2012

Little Girl Adventures Day 5

We've all been a little slower today because we're all a little tired today.  The girls were in my bed at 7:48, ready to go swimming, but our friends Kim and little Erica weren't coming until 10:30.  Coloring books and story books helped us lay low until time to get ready for the pool.  And can I say I'm just a bit jealous that only one of us has to deal with sunscreen.  Not fair. 

Tina and Joelle took to Erica pretty well considering that the pool is such a huge distraction for all three girls.  There were some splash wars and kick competitions and a lot of little girl chit chat.  Kim and I had a nice visit, and I was grateful for some adult conversation, even though I do love having the girls here to fill my days. 
The bright sun made it hard to take any good pictures, but they're having fun!

After lunch, both girls fell asleep for a nice nap which meant I got to take a shower and paint my toes without interruption.  My feet have been so neglected since before the trip.    I might just feel human again.  :)

The best laid plans of mice and men...are always destined to blow up in huge pieces of disappointment.  My grand plan was to get to the library at 3:00 for the 3:30 Ronald McDonald Magic Show.  The shows are always free, but require tickets.  Little did I know that the tickets would be gone by 2:00.  Not only that, but everybody and their dog decided to wait until today to vote in the primary run-off elections, so the library was an absolute insane asylum of impatient voters trying to do their civic duty and small children who are old enough, but have obviously NOT been taught how to properly behave in a library.  Lucky for me, the girls are so chill about everything and shrugged off their bummed moods pretty quickly.  We managed to find a whopping 21 books to take home with us, and I think Tina read 7 of them already.  Phew.

Michelle texted to tell us that Megan had been asking for her new friends, so we stopped by there for a play date.  Michelle graciously gave the girls clothes that no longer fit her two, and Tina and Joelle are thrilled with their new textile additions.  What a treat!

To attempt to ward off more disappointments, we swung by the movie theater on our way home to buy the $1 tickets for Winnie the Pooh for tomorrow morning.  Now if we can just get there early enough to get three seats together, we're all set!  We also found out that Curious George's story telling tomorrow doesn't require tickets, so there shouldn't be any trouble there either.

We're all tuckered out from lots of sun and playing, so the girls opted to let Isaac walk Aggie Belle alone tonight.  Joelle is tucked into the recliner watching Angelina Ballerina and Tina is playing with Aggie Belle before we all call it an early night.  An 8:00 bedtime sounds absolutely fantastic at the moment!

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...