Saturday, July 14, 2012

TAHG Day 7

CCISD was given the privilege of laying the wreath at the Tomb of the Unknown Soldier at Arlington National Cemetery this morning.  The grant was able to do this last year too.  The process never ceases to amaze me.  The honor guard takes such honor, precision, and pride in their duty to protect the tomb.  The soliders were thanking us profusely for being teachers, but they have it backwards.  We thank them for allowing us the freedom to be teachers.






I went to Ford's Theater today for the first time with the whole group.  The museum is well laid out with pretty much the whole chronology of the Civil War and why there was a desire in some to assassinate Lincoln.  Have I mentioned that I love walking in the same footsteps of history?  It's fascinating.  We also walked across the street to see where Lincoln actually died.  Not all history is fun, but it's all intriguing.


Just a small handful of the book written about Lincoln.

My old friend Jeff recently moved up here, so he went with me to the zoo.  I ADORE the National Zoo.  Maybe I'm a little partial to pandas, but no worries giraffes!  You're still my favorite!  Tian Tian was sound asleep on a huge pile of bamboo.  I guess he'd had a hard day playing for his visitors.  It was precious.  After the zoo, Jeff and I picked up his sister-in-law Michelle for an awesome dinner in Old Town Alexandria.  Such fun to be with Aggies.  I never tire of Corps stories.  Ha.  I miss Aggieland, but there are still two more days in D.C.  Bring it!
Tian Tian
Mei Xiang

Hard to see, but it's a double rainbow.  :)

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...