Wednesday, July 24, 2013

What I'm Loving Wednesday



I loved last week with the girls.  I loved hearing "I love you" from little voices, impromptu hugs, watching Isaac be their hero, and the way my dogs ministered to their little hearts by being so gentle and sweet.

I love having our friends' dog Ceally with us this week.  She has been great.  Even Bailey likes her!

I love the little boy that saw the four of us together on Friday at Kemah.  He was probably about 9, and he overheard Tina address Isaac as 'Uncle Isaac' while we were on the shuttle boat. He looked at us and said, "Wait...y'all are family?"  We told him we were.  He said he couldn't tell because we were different colors but that this was so cool!  He grinned from ear to ear to figure this out.  Yes, dear, precious one, it is so cool!  We talked about how family can be any way we want it to be.  It was blatantly obvious that he embarrassed the tar out of his grandparents, but I was so proud of this little boy's willingness to learn instead of make assumptions.  Keep learning, little friend!    

I love this devotional book we got Tina for her birthday.  We read it each morning before camp, and it's fabulous!!!  I highly recommend it!
 

I love UBC's Love Houston this week with our teenagers.  20-30 teens and 5-6 adults are spending our mornings loving on the homeless in town and our afternoons working at the food bank.  I have watched teenagers treat folks with dignity and respect that have so often been treated as outcasts by society.  I have sat and visited with educated, talented people that have fallen on hard times.  I have prayed and worked, and it's been hard, but I love it.  Thank you, UBC, for making me stretch and grow in Christ while showing teens how to do the same.  Thank you for letting me show them that it's ok to be scared as long as the fear doesn't stop us from loving.  I love you!


I love this truck commercial.  I don't love Chevy, I'm a Tundra girl through and through, but this commercial is so me on a level that I rarely, rarely get to show.  But, my truck travels with and makes a pretty powerful statement by itself.  hehehe

Our district passed a bond that included Dell Latitudes for all teachers.  I'm not sure what I think about them yet, but I do love the commercial our TIS showed us at our training.  Nope, paper won't ever completely go away!

I love my Jesus!

What are you loving this week?

Linking up with Jamie.

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...