Wednesday, July 3, 2013

What I'm Loving Wednesday from Zambia


We have had a fabulous 3 weeks here, and neither of us can believe that it's time to go home.  While the blog was filled with daily activities, there were lots of little things that didn't make posts yet.  Here's some that we've truly loved, whether funny or serious.


Zambeef- This is one of the largest meat producers in Zambia.  They have stores all over the place, and I remember them well from 2010.  While we were here, the media made it known that formaldehyde was in some of the beef being sold here.  Oh, the scandal that ensued!  In all honesty, it's no worse than the pink slime that was found in American beef awhile back.  We did have fun saying that Zambeef was trying to embalm the nation one meal at a time.  Hehehe.  They of course immediately agreed to better inspection of their beef, and I'm sure they will.

Market-We went to a farmer's market one day that had a butcher right there in the front of the shop.  Lechwe was the game meat that had been brought in that day.  I won't post the picture in case some of you have squeamish tummies, but I thought it was too cool!


Chembo-This girl is nothing but love!  It's so hard to say bye to such a dear friend, but I am so proud of all she's accomplishing here.

NaNa's laughs-One of the oldest babies at House of Moses, NaNa is so serious!  However, when we get her to laugh, she is a hoot!  She's absolutely adorable, and one of favorite loves in all of Zambia.

The avocado pit



Fajitas/Guacamole-When Texans get homesick for Tex-Mex, they make their own.  With the avacado we were given by Maureen at Milk and Medicine, we were able to make homemade guacamole and fajitas!  YUM!!!


Aggies-It never amazes me how we find each other thousands of miles from Aggieland!  There is one of many reasons I never start my day without my Aggie Ring.  Gig 'em!


I love Matildah and Kevin.  These two are such a fabulous couple and they make it so easy for the volunteers to come here and serve.  We've been friends for 3 years now, and I look forward to many more visits with them while watching Tyler grow.  God bless you!

I love these toddlers in the downstairs nursery.  They know me by name, and "Laula" is loud and clear when I walk in the room.  They have a word for Isaac, but it has never really sounded like Isaac.  Tonight, one of the boys that we just adore bowled me over in a bear hug and proclaimed, "My MOMMY!".  Oh, honey bear!  That about did me in with the tears.  You can't cry in a room full of toddlers without making them cry, so that just wasn't going to work.  I love how Isaac and I have together taught so many of them to color with crayons, use a spoon, walk, and eat cookies!  I love how they love on each other and share their nshima with their neighbor.  I love knowing I'm exactly where God wants me when I'm sitting on the floor with one toddler hanging on my back, one hanging off one arm, one perched on each thigh, one draped across my calves, and putting pjs on the sixth toddler with the one free hand. I'm going to miss these nights of mobbing 'Laula' for cuddles after baths. Bless them, and help Isaac and me! I love their strong personalities that make them fighters.  Lord, grow these children into children dedicated to serving You!



I love House of Moses.  We love this place.  It's home to us and it's home away from home to so many others.  It's not so much an orphanage as a transitional home as children await foster families, to be reunited with birth families, or are adopted (usually locally), but it is a blessing for while these children are here.  We love the men and women who are so busy with their families at home but who chose to come work here and deeply love on these children.  No, not each child is rocked to sleep at night, but they are dearly loved, cuddled, and kissed multiple times a day.  These adults don't have it easy, and yet they give even more of themselves to God's least, and I am forever grateful.  Lord, bless their sacrifice, and make it holy and pleasing to You!


While we're both in love with Zambia, I think we're ready to go home to.  We love home-it's home!  We love our family and friends and church, and we love their prayers for us and support as we've been away.  We can't wait to see them!

I love my Jesus!

What are you loving this week?

Linking up with Jamie.

1 comment:

Kelsea said...

What a great post! I loved seeing a glimpse of your heart for the Lord and ministering to His people! And aren't the little touches of "home", found in an avocado, a huge thing when you're away?!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...