Sunday, May 19, 2013

Happy 40th Anniversary, Mom and Dad!

Papa and Mama (my maternal granddad's parents), Mom, Dad, Nanny and Dede (my  mom's parents) May 19, 1973
40 years ago today, my parents were married.  They are such a fabulous couple, and they've raised us well.  They've taught us to put Jesus first, to work hard, and to appreciate what we have.  And, they're passion for travel definitely transferred to their kids.  I'm so glad that's something we all share!

Dad decided about a year ago that it was time to take Mom on a huge trip.  They left April 28th on the Ruby Princess out of Ft. Lauderdale.  After sailing across the Atlantic, they had several stops in Gibraltar, Spain, France, and Italy before staying on the ship for it's next itinerary across the Med to Turkey, Greece, Croatia, and a few more stops in Italy.  They'll be home May 28th.  Wow.  It's a much deserved trip, and I'm so glad God has granted them this opportunity.  We get emails from Dad just about daily, and I think my favorite stop to hear about was when they went to Ephesus.  To see pictures of where Paul preached and John the Baptist was born was just fabulous!

Happy Anniversary, Mommy and Daddy!  Here's to many, many more!
Mykonos, Greece

The flowers Isaac, David, Laura, and I had delivered to Mom and Dad today.

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...