Saturday, March 10, 2012

Houston Livestock Show and Rodeo: Reba

One of the great things about living in Houston is the Livestock Show and Rodeo that comes each winter/spring.  Three solid weeks of ranch demonstrations, emus, ostriches, cattle, horses, sheep, pigs, chickens, turkey, goats, llamas, and alpacas, fabulous bbq, winery competitions, and of course, bronc and bull riding.  I have loved it since my first one at age 5.  I really was born into the wrong family, but that's another story....

This year we of course visited the birthing center to see the newest calves, ewes and rams, and piglets.  So much cutness in one small area!  We had some fabulous BBQ from our favorite Goode & Co, and tried chocolate dipped cheesecake on a stick.  Yum! 

Friday also happened to be one of the rainiest days in weeks, so we skipped the carnival and headed in to Reliant in time to see the entry parade.  It just so happened to be Aggie recognition day at the Rodeo, and Daddy Bush and Barbara let the wagon parade.  Such a treat!  We had fantastic seats to watch all the action.  I love the barrel races, maybe because I could see myself doing that someday.  But, my favorite event is the mutton bustin' that was brought in a few years ago.  The little kiddos hanging on for dear life to the back of a sheep make me laugh so hard!  Adorable!




Rain garb is covering our fun rodeo garb.  :(

8 seconds...

I remember my first Reba concert when I was in elementary school.  I loved it, and I've always made it back.  Reba has been here many times since this, but this was the first year I've managed to catch it since I last saw her rockin' the stage in sparkly purple!  Reba owns the stage, and really the whole arena.  She rocks! 


No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...