Saturday, March 24, 2012

Heaven if for Real: Book Review



I must admit I was skeptical about the authenticity of Heaven is For Real by Todd Burpo.  I adore small children, and I like what they remind me about child-like faith, but I also know how imaginative kids are.  I thought this book was probably just that-an imagined story by a cute little guy who really loves Jesus.  I also admit when I'm wrong, and this time, I'm wrong.

Colton is not yet four when a ruptured appendix makes him very sick.  During surgery, Colton's spirit must have surely visited the real Heaven.  I don't want to spoil the awe and excitement for anyone who hasn't read the book, but as Colton recovers, he begins telling his family things that no one had ever told him or taught him.  He describes aspects of God and Heaven that preschoolers aren't taught in Sunday School.  The kid touched Christ and strengthened my faith in the process. 

Colton's awesome story is either the most elaborate scam in Christian history or it's real, and I'm choosing to believe it's real.  Check it out if you haven't already.

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...