Thursday, March 22, 2012

Cedar Chest Reborn

Do you remember the post back in September about how Baby Aggie Belle chewed up the side of my heirloom cedar chest?  It looked like this:
The left side is a mess!
After months of blood, sweat, and tears (ok, not blood or tears), Isaac finally got the whole thing stripped, sanded, repaired, re-stained, re-hardwared, re-upholstered, and put back in our bedroom Monday night.  Ok, so it shouldn't have taken that long, but Isaac has had more than a few extra projects thrown in his way! I know, I should've taken pictures of each stage of the restoration, but I didn't.  Maybe I'll get better about that.

The new trim looks just as good as it did originally.  The stain is gorgeous!

I contributed two things to this project: picking out the new hardware and picking out the seat fabric.

I really like the new fabric with our bedspread.
Yes, I can keep all of my baby treasures safe once again, but the best part is that Bailey has his spot again.  We keep his bed on the bench seat, and he can hop off and on our bed very easily that way.  He was soooooooooo happy Monday night!

Thank you, Isaac for using your talents to fix Ah-Belle's mess and spoiling our family!

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...