Saturday, December 24, 2011

Christmas Survery

 Several of my friends have posted this on their blogs, so I thought I would too:

1. Egg Nog or Hot Chocolate? Hot chocolate, with a stick of peppermint, please!

 2. Does Santa wrap presents or just sit the under the tree? Santa is imaginary, so he does neither.  We wrap all the presents we give though.

 3. Colored lights on the tree/house or white? Colored!  Isaac likes icicle lights, and those are white, but I want some 'Pop' in my decor.

 4. Do you hang mistletoe? The years we can find it fresh we do.  It was super easy to find growing wild in College Station, but Houston is a little too far south to find much.

5. When do you put your decorations up? The day after Thanksgiving.

 6. What is your favorite holiday dish? Mom and Nanny make a mean beef tenderloin, but I also like the peppermint ice cream layer dessert we always have.

 7. Favorite Holiday memory as a child? My 10th Christmas: my grandparents took us to Hawaii.  It was a wonderful week of focusing on family instead of presents.  Oh, and not to mention gorgeous!


8. When and how did you learn the truth about Santa?  I was in 4th grade.  I had lost my very last baby tooth and asked for the truth about that blasted fairy.  I cried for ages.  I will never do that to my kids, because all we cared about when we were little was fun Santa stuff.  Jesus totally took the back burner, no matter how hard my parents tried.

9. Do you open a gift on Christmas Eve? We used to, but not anymore.

10. How do you decorate your Christmas tree? Colored lights, an angel on top, and all of our childhood and grownup ornaments.  It's a hobnob of awesome memories!

11. Snow! Love it or Dread it? For Christmas, love it!  We just don't typically see it unless we're in Ohio, and not even that is a guarantee.

12. Can you ice skate? Nothing fancy, but yes I can.  We went today in fact with my aunt, sister, niece, nephew, soon to be b-i-l, and his little girl.

13. Do you remember your favorite gift? The two trips to Hawaii are probably the winners there.

14. What's the most important thing about the Holidays for you? Celebrating Advent and preparing our hearts for Christ's return as we remember His first arrival on Earth.


15.What is your favorite Holiday dessert? Fudge, peppermint ice cream fudge oreo goodness, chocolate covered peanuts-all homemade.

16. What is your favorite holiday tradition? Celebration at Houston's FBC

17. What tops your tree? A beautiful angel that glows.

18. Which do you prefer: giving or receiving? Giving.  Honestly, I hate opening presents anymore.  I hate the suspense of wondering if I'll like what's inside that package, not to mention the enormously overwhelming guilt I suffer when I get something while knowing so many have so little.  I love being a spy to find out what others want and them spoiling them. 

19. Candy Canes: I prefer them with chocolate.  :)

20. Favorite Christmas show? White Christmas and the original Christmas in Cnneticut

21. Saddest Christmas Song? Steven Curtis Chapman's "All I Really Want"  Kills me everytime.

22. What is your favorite Christmas song?  Carol: Hark the Herald Angels Sing  Contemporary: It changes often, but currently, Selah's "Light of the Stable"

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...