Sunday, February 7, 2010

Sunshine!

While so much of the country was blanket (ok, let's be honest-drowned) in snow yesterday, Houston was blessed with clear, bright blue skies, warm sun rays, and high near 60 degrees. Wow! What a show of God's blessings!

I'm apart of CCISD's Teaching American History Grant, and yesterday was our monthly training session. It was a lot of fun (I love DBQs!), but it wasn't fun being inside all day with the above mentioned weather taunting me from the windows.

Isaac, being the amazing husband that he is, told me to meet him at Clear Lake Park for lunch. He packed a delicious picnic, brought Bailey, and we had a lovely 45 minute visit in the park. Bailey was so excited to see the sun that he ran and ran! I had to join him...it was too pretty not too! After lunch, we walked the concrete path around the playground and watched the wind playing with the water on the lake. A couple of times, Isaac and I both had to stop to just say, "Thank You, Jesus!". It was sooooooo pretty!

To top off such a treat weather wise, Isaac took me for hibachi for dinner. Yum, yum!

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...