Sunday, February 14, 2010

Dress Shopping!

I realized this morning as I was loading pictures onto my computer that I didn't take a single picture yesterday approved for public viewing before Laura and David's wedding. I can't believe I did that, so you'll have to simply enjoy the story of our fun girls' day since the photo are top secret until 5-21-11!

Yesterday, Weddings by Debbie was having a big trunk show of the designer Laura was using for her wedding gown. Her mom Paula came in from Canada, her best friend Anna drove down through Dallas' foot of snow, and her roommate and good friend Lauren were here to offer moral support. Laura was also sweet enough to invite Mom, Nanny, and me to join them. Paula and Laura are already my family, and I was very excited to have a family ladies' day, in addition to Lauren and Anna, who just couldn't be sweeter girls!

This was my first visit to Weddings by Debbie since they moved to their new location in Katy. WbD is where I bought my wedding gown, and there is not a nicer group of ladies in Houston from whom to have a most incredible wedding dress shopping experience. However, the old shop was just that: old! The new location is incredible! If you are a fan of TLC's "Say Yes to the Dress", then you are familiar with Kleinfelds in New York. The new shop is a slightly smaller copy of Kleinfelds. I told my mom I wanted a wedding gown do-over just so I could experience *the new shop myself. It's stunning! If you or someone you know is looking for a gown, don't bother with other Houston shops. If WbD doesn't have it, no one does, and you won't find a more congenial group of ladies to help make the most of your experience.

Back to Laura. She had tried on dresses in several shops, so she knew which dress she wanted. It is stunning on her, and I can't wait to see the ook on my brother's face at their wedding. :) Laura modeled a few other dresses for us, just for fun, and we enjoyed watching her. Let's face it: the woman looks great in everything she puts on her body! Laura's bridal consultant found her a lovely necklace, veil, and headpiece to accent her dress perfectly.

Laura asked Lauren, Anna, and me to look through the bridesmaid dresses there. We thought we were just window shopping, but after we had all tried on a couple, there was one that Laura just loved, and we all liked it too. I'm not 100% sure, but I think it's a keeper!

By 2:00, we were all hungry, so off to Panera we went. After a refreshin lunch, Laura and Mom wanted the rest of us to see the Crystal Ballroom downtown where David and Laura have decided to have the reception. I had seen pictures, but it's such a cool place! I love the history behind Rice Hotel, and so many famous people have graced the Crystsal Ballroom with their presence. I know the wedding is over a year away, but I can't wait!

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...