Thursday, February 25, 2010

Oh, Say Can You See?

I can see a blurred mess of colors, shapes, and sizes. Well, from my left eye at least. Here's what happened:

Two weeks ago today, something, or maybe my contact, made several small cuts on my cornea, but I didn't know this for nearly a week. That day, my eye stung like alcohol on a paper cut every time I put in drops. It was awful. The next day, I begrudgingly wore my glasses to school, hoping it was simply a bad case of allergies. On Saturday, the stinging was mostly gone, so I was back to my contacts. However, I noticed that my vision seemed off. Last week at school, I'd look down the hallway, and things were fuzzy. The kids were getting away with stuff, and I had no idea. I couldn't see what was happening on my left side. In other words, my peripheral vision was shot! By Wednesday, I'd had enough and got an appointment with my eye doctor. He put in pressure drops and discovered I had corneal abrasions near the top and left side of my cornea: hence the blurred vision and lack of peripheral vision. Lovely. No contacts for at least 2 weeks, and maybe never again if this happens again after I slowly re-adjust my eyes to contacts.

My frustration is that my vision in my left eye has not improved in the past two weeks. Yes, I'm still on glasses restrictions for one more week, but it doesn't matter if my glasses are on or off; my left eye is a blurred mess. Of course, those poor eye muscles are straining to see through my glasses, so I've had the worst headaches by each evening. My other senses are compensating, and the kids aren't getting away with stuff anymore, but I'm a bit skeptical about how quickly my vision is really going to return. Lots of prayers are being said, especially after I almost rammed my truck through the garage/house wall because my depth perception is off. Oops. I've learned how to judge that better, and that hasn't happened in nearly a week now, so I think I'm good there.
Come on, little cuts! I know you can heal. You can do it! You WILL do it! :)

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...