Thursday, February 4, 2010

Mama

My great-grandmother (my mom's dad's mom) was to us "Mama". Today, she would've turned 95.

Until her death on February 1, 1993, Mama was my best friend. I loved her to pieces. We all did.

She had a home office that, today, would be called very old fashioned. Mama let me peck away at her type writer, write and 'mail' letters covered with 'stamps', staple together perfectly good sheets of paper, and take phone messages. I thought being Mama's secretary was very big girl stuff.

My favorite game with Mama was to go camping. Mama would line the bath tub with sheets and a blanket, pack a snack and a flashlight, and turn her guest bathroom into the coolest camp ground. We'd pretend to make a fire by turning on the flashlight and setting it just right so that there was a 'full moon' shining down on us. Mama would cuddle me up in my 'sleeping bag' and close the 'tent' by pulling closed the shower curtain. Then she'd tell me story after story, some make-believe, and some true.

I'm sure Mama had her fears, but I never knew it. She seemed fearless. She had traveled the world and EVERYONE in town knew my Mama.

Most of all, my Mama loved Jesus. I'm sure she's having a ball in Heaven, and I can't wait to hug her neck again!

1 comment:

The Links said...

Just saw your comment about MckLinky. MckLinky is basically an application that allows people to link their post to another persons blog. Like how you linked your Meal Planning Monday to my blog.

I think what you are wanting to know is how to make a work just straight to a website without typing the website.

Here's how you can do that....
1. Highlight the word that you want to be the "link"
2. Click the little green button on the blog toolbar. It has to little chain links on it.
3. Type in the website you want it to be linked up to.
4. Click OK and your done.

Did that answer your question??

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...