Wednesday, February 3, 2010

Chicken BBQ in the Crockpot

I love my Easy Weeknight Favorites Southern Living cookbook. It's a time saver on those busy evenings. I'm trying a new recipe tomorrow.

Chicken Barbecue

1 medium onion, sliced (I'm using frozen diced onions)
1/2 lemon, sliced and seeded (I'm using lemon juice)
6 skinned chicken breast halved
1 18oz bottle thick bbq sauce (I'm using Masterpiece)
1/2 cup cola-flavored beverage (how PC!)
1/4 cup all-purpose flour
1/4 cup water

Place onion and lemon slices in a 3 1/2 or 4 quart electric slow cook. Add chicken. Combine bbq sauce and cola; pour over chicken. Cover and cook on High 3 1/2 to 4 hours OR on low 7 hours. Remove chicken to a serving platter, reserving sauce in slow cooker (discard lemon slices).

Combine flour and water, stirring well with a wire whisk; stir into sauce in slow cooker. Cook, uncovered, on HIGH 10 minutes or until sauce is thickened, stirring twice. Spoon sauce over chicken. Yield: 6 servings.

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...