Tuesday, February 23, 2010

Esther


Last night was the first session of the new Bible study I'm doing. We're studying Esther with the help of Beth Moore. I'm super excited to be part of a study with older women. I'm back to being the baby of the group, which I love, love, love! I know God is going to teach the 8 or so of us in the group so much through Beth's wisdom, each other, and of course, Himself! And who better to get you pumped to study God's Word than Beth Moore, especially on a Monday evening?!

Most of the ladies in the group are/were involved in education in some way, shape or form, and nearly all of them have husbands associated with NASA. It's always so intriguing to me to watch God form together a group of (mostly) strangers who end up having lots in common. To top it off, two of the ladies are moms of old high school friends, and one lady is the aunt to one of my current students. Again, thank You God for caring about details.

Beth titled the study "It's Tough Being a Woman". She surveyed 400 women online about the top 3 things they struggle with as a woman. One lady's response went a little like this:

"I wear panties. We're supposed to wear panties, and yet, there is so much pressure to make it look as if I'm not. Why, oh why?!? I say we bring pantylines back!"

I was nearly rolling at that response, but how true! :)

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...