Sunday, January 27, 2013

It's a Pirate's Life for Me

This past week included a fabulous field trip with my 6th grade Omega (GT) kiddos to the Pirate Museum and Rainforest Cafe in Galveston.  There is nothing like spending a day out of school with 76 11 and 12 year olds and 7 fantastic co-workers.  The kids were so excited to learn about pirate life, ride the river ride, and EAT!  The weather was in the low 70s (Northerners, don't hate!), and the sea breeze off the beach tantalized us all day. 

I had no idea that pirates played such a role in Galveston and in the War of 1812.  Who knew?! The kids were adorable taking in all the truth of the evil of real pirates.  A few of my boys were even walking around mumbling, "Yo, ho, ho, and a bottle of rum" with complete innocence.  They think they're big, tough stuff, but they're really just still precious.

I am so grateful for opportunities to spend outside of the classroom, exposing my kids to different types of learning.  It's a treat for all of us!

Entrance to the exhibit!

I've been google eyes for the pirate (not the actor!) for 9 1/2 years!  Oh, Captain!
My fabulous co-workers who let me put together field trips and tag along with my goofiness!

Perfect beach day!

  

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...