Tuesday, January 8, 2013

Chicken Parmesan Soup

I've been making this for a few months.  Chicken Parmesan Soup is a Pampered Chef recipe, so some of the ingredients are specific to PC.  I have a few suggestions if you don't have their ingredients/equipment.

Ingredients:
1/2 of a loaf of French bread (I use the whole thing.  This is to make croutons.  This way I have leftovers).
2 T olive oil
3 T of Garlic and Herb Rub, divided (I use PC's tomato basil seasoning, but Italian season would work well too)
1 1/2 C of unsalted chicken stock
2 C marinara sauce
1 can diced tomatoes with garlic and onion, undrained
2 1/2 cups chicken breasts (I boil three small pieces and then shred them)
3 garlic cloves
1 oz Parmesan cheese
3/4 cup shredded mozzarella cheese, divided
I also slice and quarter a zucchini to sneak in some extra veggies


Directions:
If you want to make your own croutons:
Cut bread into 1/4" cubes.
Toss bread cubes, olive oil, and 1 T of the seasoning into the Deep Covered Baker (any stone that will fit into your microwave should work.
Microwave on high 3-4 minutes, stirring every minute.  Allow croutons to cool on a piece of wax paper.

Soup:
Stir stock, remaining 2 T of seasoning, marinara sauce, tomatoes, chicken, and pressed garlic (and I include zucchini) into the Deep Covered Baker (a pot on the stove will work too, but plan on it taking longer to really cook).
Microwave, covered, on high 11-13 minutes.
Grate Parmesan.
Stir parmesan into the soup.  Allow it to melt.
Serve with croutons and mozzarella.

YUM!  I make this and take it to families that have had an illness/surgery or a baby.  It's so easy and just delightful!

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...