Friday, December 31, 2010

Blessings of 2010: Family

As my family grows, they bless me more and more.  I always was disappointed by my lack of family members as a kid.  We didn't have huge family reunions, and most of the time, it was just my mom's parents, my parents, David and me.  

As pre-teens, we added Jeff, Yona, Kelvin, and Fred to the family for 22 months, and I loved life as the only girl with 5 brothers.  After the boys moved back to Zambia, the quiet returned, until 2010.  It was this year that through technology I was finally able to reconnect with all four of my brothers who had been so un-accessable in a world lacking internet and cell phones.  Now I get to watch their families grow and once again have 5 brothers telling me what to do or what not to do.  I love it!
Jeff, Tina, Bri, and Joelle
Fred, Sarah, and Aggie
My family has been so supportive this year as I was determined to get myself to Zambia over the summer.  They were cautious, but never said 'no'.  They've prayed and prayed for Isaac and me.  Mom and Dad even went on vacation for a week with Isaac and me as we attempted to see our friend Steve launch on the space shuttle.

In less than 5 months, David will be married, and I know we're all excited to have the other Laura join the family.  Because of my ridiculous insecurity issues I keep having to have Mom and Isaac tell me that I will always be the first Laura Pearce, but that's not because I don't love David's Laura!

As much as I miss my bi-annual visits to Kentucky to see my extended family, it sure is nice having my grandparents, Nanny and Dede, just 20 minutes down the road instead of 14 hours.  I can't believe they've now lived here 4 years.

Isaac's brother got to visit twice this year, and one time his cousin Jason came with Jacob.  They have a fabulous time together, and I love watching them.  Isaac was able to travel home 3 times to see family, and I was able to join him twice.  We have a great time with his parents.


Isaac and I celebrated 1 year of marriage in 2010.  That first year has flown, but we're loving our little family.  God is teaching us so much about how He wants us to serve Him, and we're excited to see all He has in store for us.

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...