Tuesday, December 28, 2010

Big, Cuddly, Goofballs

One of my favorite parts about each of our Ohio visits is going to Mr. M's farm to see his three 'big' babies.  Mr. M was Isaac's science teacher in high school, and always allowed kids to come and work on his land.  Isaac spent countless hours there over the years, and it's one of my favorite places now too. 

Wednesday, I went for a visit by myself while all of the kids were sleeping and Penny was wrapping some Christmas presents.  I had never gone by myself, and I must say, it was just a beautiful hour.  It was barely snowing, and I had a bag full of apple quarters and carrots for my three equine lovies.  Because of my bag of goodies, I didn't get any photos taken, but I sure had lots of nuzzles.  Major (the biggest-the brown one) wanted his nose on my forehead for whatever reason.  Dolly is always shy, so once the food was gone, she stepped back to her own space, but Hot Rod, the little miniature, never left my side.  He's a cheeky little thing.  I think Hot Rod makes up for his size with his huge personality. 

Thursday, Isaac and Jacob wanted to go see the silly goofs, so we headed back over to Mr. M's, and this time took a camera.  It wasn't easy to take pictures with all of the goodies, but we got a few.  I love these three horses, and I hope the weather might even cooperate for a ride the next time we're in town.

Dolly, Hot Rod, Major






Hot Rod was in the process of unzipping my pocket.  He knew the empty bag of carrots and apples was in there.  He's cheeky!

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...