Sunday, December 19, 2010

Visit to the Homeland

I'm originally from Kentucky, and with Isaac's parents living so close to the border, it's much easier for visit at least a few of my family members these days.  Yesterday Isaac and I drove down to Louisville to visit my friends the Vaughans and some of my family.  I was so excited to be able to visit with some special people who don't love close to Texas. 

We stopped by the Vaughan's house for lunch and a nice visit.  Ruth Ann and her two kids Matthew and Farren were at CACZ with me in Lusaka this summer.  Doug, Ruth Ann's husband, had been there, but had to head home right before I arrived, and it was such a treat to meet the leader of this amazing family.  Ruth Ann has my passion for missions and orphans, and Matthew loves geography.  Farren is such a sweet girl who will love on anyone.  I was so excited for Isaac to meet these dear people who have ministered to my heart from afar for over 5 months now.  Their home is always open for missionaries who need a place to stay, and they enjoy ministering to others as a family.  I have learned so much about family worship from them, and they probably don't even realize it.  Oh, and Ruth Ann is a fabulous cook!  We left their house with bellies full of warm chili and banana bread

In the afternoon, we headed to tag up with my aunt, god-sister, and her two kids.  Alex had a basketball game, and we got to laugh our way through it.  3rd graders are just too funny.  The final score was 4-4.  Ha!
Aunt Donna drove in from Lexington to see us, and she kept saying how fun it was to have us all together in Kentucky at Christmas.  That's happened just a hand full of times over the years, and it is a treat to visit during all of the Christmas cheer.  We had a fabulous visit over yummy seafood at Bone Fish, and we enjoyed meeting Stephanie's friend Jason. I hadn't seen them since our wedding, but the kids didn't skip a beat.  They want us to play again this week, and I sure hope we can!

Steph, Jason, Shelby, me, Isaac, and Alex
Stephanie, Aunt Donna, Shelby, me, Isaac, and Alex


  

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...