Thursday, December 16, 2010

Let it Snow, Let it Snow, Let it Snow

It appears that we are headed into a Winter Wonderland tomorrow afternoon.  We're headed up north to visit Isaac's family for a few days, and it has been snowing off and on all week.  I believe that by tonight, they should have nearly a foot of the cold white stuff on the ground.  While it isn't supposed to snow during our stay (we all know how the weather forecast changes), the temperatures aren't supposed to get above freezing, so I foresee a lot of outside play time for two very big kids!

I am not one to wish I lived in a cold winter climate.  My dad's stories of Soviet Era days in central Siberia are enough to keep me a beach bunny.  However, there is no denying that a few days of white are an exciting adventure.  Isaac is desperate to get on the ski slopes, and I'll probably join him.  That'll be a laugh.  I'm sure there will be some snow tubing involved as well.  And, I really want to go to a Christmas Tree Farm just to see what a real one looks like. 

Bailey can't join us this year.  He would love the snow; he sure had fun tromping in it last Christmas.  Sadly, it's just too expensive to fly with him on Continental.  Maybe next time.  It kills my heart being away from him!

Please be praying for safe travel for us.  We're flying Friday and then we'll be driving some over the week as we visit some of my family in Kentucky.  YAY!

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...