Tuesday, December 14, 2010

Project Zambi

Just about everybody by now knows that I really want Jessy to join our family.  She's being taken care of by CACZ in Lusaka, but she needs a family, and I want her!  Bad!  We don't have the money needed to bring Jessy home, so my daily prayers have been filled with requests for God to at least bring my sweet girl a forever family, even if that's not my family.  Jessy stole my heart over 3 weeks this summer, and I pray she gets a family of her very own. 


My second mamma, Donna, brought me the cutest Christmas present on Sunday to remind me not to stop praying for a miracle.  Hasbro, the toy maker, found out that Zambia has the largest percentage of orphans of any country in the world, and most of these orphans have lost their families due to AIDS.  Hasbro created Project Zambi to raise money to help care for some of these orphans and are teamed up with several respectable orphan care organizations.  They sell these adorable animated elephants, appropriately named "Zambi" to support Project Zambi.

This little baby elephant moves her trunk, trumpets like a real elephant, and sits.  She's adorable, although Bailey isn't quite sure that's she's not real yet.  Donna wrote a note on her to not forget to keep praying for my miracle for Jessy.  Zambi's ears and feet have artwork designed by AIDS orphans in Zambia, which to me, makes her even more special.  I'm so blessed by special friends who know what's important to me and pray alongside with me for the fruition of God's will, whatever that might be.  

1 comment:

Shelley said...

I know of couples who apply for adoption grants through http://helpusadopt.org/. There are grants available for couples looking to adopt!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...