Friday, March 21, 2014

Five Friday Favorites

ONE: I put together a field trip for 147 6th graders. Yesterday, we went to the Houston Museum of Natural Science to see a cool Imax about things we can't see with our own eyes and the Magna Carta exhibit.  I totally wish I could post pictures of my little group exploring the Magna Carta exhibit.  They had a ball playing with all of the hands-hand pieces of the exhibit.  I love just getting to watch them interact with what's around them and have fun.  And yes, we got to see one of the 6 copies of the Magna Carta.  I'm now 2 for 6.  Be still, my history loving, democracy adoring heart. 


TWO: This is all I'm showing for now, but I walked in to my house on Saturday after a week away to this handsome face.


THREE: WARM WEATHER!  Ok, not hot yet, but it's been in the 70s all week.  It's so totally about time.  We let the kids run in the park for over an hour yesterday, and it was glorious.  Between last week's Spring Break trip and now this week, I'm finally starting to feel like a normal human being again.

FOUR: Jacob (Isaac's brother) came into town for the first part of this week, and we had a great time.  The highlight was taking him to the rodeo on St. Patrick's Day.  We love rodeo! As great as the competition is each time we go, our favorite part is watching the little kids try to hold onto a sheep during mutton bustin'. The concert was Luke Bryan, and while I do enjoy his music, I am not a fan of him in concert.  Ugh.  That boy needs to learn that somethings are for his wife's eyes alone.  Just gross.  I learned it's not just the female singers that are inappropriate on stage on Monday night.  Sad day.





FIVE: There is a chance I will get to go home to Kentucky for a quick trip in a few weeks.  Y'all, it's been nearly 6 years since I've been home.  That's just wrong.  Ever since my grandparents moved to Texas, the opportunities just haven't been as available.  While I'm so glad to have my grandparents 20 minutes away now, I sure miss trips to Kentucky.  Here's hoping the details all work out!
How Kentucky girls make shooting targets...




 photo FFaves_zps6c1a013e.png


2 comments:

Lisa Loves John said...

147 6th graders?!!! You are a champion, girlfriend!! Happy Friday, girl! xo

Brenda @ Chatting Over Chocolate said...

Hello from the link up! Hooray for warmer weather -- enjoy!! I hope it works out for you to get back to Kentucky soon! Happy weekend! (:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...