Thursday, August 9, 2012

Painting with a Twist

Paining with a Twist is part of a national franchise that has finally creeped far enough south of Houston to make for great girls' night out.  A few of my friends and I decided to end summer with a stroke of artistic luck (ha) and try our hand at a masterpiece.

The set up is great for messy people like me: butcher paper everywhere, concrete floors, aprons, lots of paper towels.  Artists are allowed to bring any kind of beverages and snacks for grazing between paint stages.  My kind of place!  There were several groups there, anxious to begin.

Glinda, the owner and class teacher, did a great job of demonstrating techniques and then giving us time to explore and play on our own.  She'd help if asked or otherwise would go around offering more paint and paper towels.  I enjoyed the lack of pressure from the expert because goodness knows I put enough of it on myself.  We jammed out to Shania Twain, Abba, Aretha, Rascal Flats, and Kenny throughout the night-perfect painting tunes.

Overall, I'm pleased with my final product.  If I could change anything about the set up, it'd be getting to choose individual background colors.  Red is not my thing, but by itself, the painting looks nice.  The best part was how relaxing it was to be there with a small group of friends and visit, share ideas, and paint.  It did this weary heart good. 

Here's the masterpiece!

Kim, me, Kathleen, Danielle/Michelle (depending on from where you know this red-head!)

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...