Saturday, August 11, 2012

If You Really Know Me...

Many of you bloggers have been jumping on board with "If You Really Know Me" posts, so here's mine:

If you really know me, you know that:

I am a Diet Coke addict unlike any other.  It's sad.  I cap off at no more than two a day, and probably 6 days a week only have one, but I crave that bubbly goodness!

I think water bottles are stupid.  I have a stash that get washed, refilled at home, and stored in my fridge at school for convenience sake, but to pay for water is not a concept I fully grasp.

I love kids undyingly, but really don't have much of a desire to have my own until I can be a stay-at-home mom.  It just seems unfair to everybody, knowing how tired I am at the end of the day. 
I'd fall apart and melt away into nothingness if I didn't have a singing outlet.  I love the challenge music presents me, and two rehearsals a week for choir and Chamber Singers is a lovely thing.

I'm a people pleaser to the point of often neglecting myself, and I fear criticism because I desperately want to 'measure up'.  That's dumb, and it's gotten better, but it's still a struggle.

I have a strong dislike for red roses.  I can't explain that one, but I do.  I do however thrill at yellow roses as my great-grandmother grew them, and they bring back fond memories.  I also enjoy tulips, calla lilies, and gerbera daisies (just not frozen ones...that's bad).  To grow in my yard, fill up the landscaping with hibiscus.  I'm addicted. 

I've never been camping.  I think I'd enjoy it, but the opportunity has never presented itself.  

If I was given the option of only seeing mountains or tropical beaches for the rest of my life, I'd sit down right where I was and cry.  I love being a beach bum, and I love hiking in the mountains.  Don't make me choose!

It's easy to know if I skipped my morning quiet time; I'm a real grouch!

There are lots of new things I'm willing to try, but I'm incredibly fearful of high speeds where there is no quick control.  I don't like feeling out of control.

Typically, my snack of choice is air-popped popcorn.  The pre-popped stuff from the grocery is great, but movie theater popcorn is absolutely the best.  Throw in some M&Ms and a Diet Coke, and I'm a happy camper.

Jane Austen novels or movie adaptations make my day, without fail.

I don't just read books, I devour them.

I adore the socks off my church.  Really.  It's not perfect, but it's where God has made my home.

I dislike doing most things by myself.  99% of the time I'd rather do everything with someone.

I'm not much of a girly girl anymore (I was a total bow-head as a little girl), but a pedicure, massage, and cute pjs will make me swoon.

If I could live in my cowgirl boots and not melt in the Houston heat, I would.  During the winter, they're on my feet as often as I can get away with it.  And someday, I will own a pair of Lucheses.  Hopefully sooner rather than later.

If given a choice to give up absolutely 100% of all I have here in America (family, the dogs, my job, all of it) to move to Zambia to work at ACEZ, I wouldn't even think twice.  My heart is so totally buried there, and that's home.

It doesn't matter how hard I try, the 'teacher' is buried so deep in me that it doesn't turn off.  I see everything as a learning opportunity, but I try to not annoy folks with it though. 

I've yet to meet a horse I don't like, or that doesn't like me.  Doesn't mean I'm crazy enough to get on each of them, but in a field, we get along just fine.  They know I love them, I know I love them, and that seems to be enough.

I may have to live in the city the rest of my life, but the cowgirl in me isn't ever going to die.  :)






No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...