Sunday, August 26, 2012

Fun Day Sunday

Promotion Sunday is always exciting at church because it means new 6th grade in Sunday School!  We had NINE new 6th graders in class and 17 total (we teach 6th-8th grades).  What a treat!  It's so exciting knowing that these parents want their kids to begin each week at church and entrust their kids with us for an hour.  Please pray each kiddo wants to keep coming as the busyness of school ensues us. 

This afternoon I helped host a baby shower for the Tanners.  So many sweet ladies came to pray over Will, Michelle, Madisyn, Megan, and soon to come Liam and Jack and then to bless them with fun presents.  We had a great time visiting, and I must admit that I can't wait to have my visits include arms full of two handsome baby boys!  I took a ton of people pictures only to find a precious foster baby who has hopefully found her forever family is in most of them.  Oops!  Enjoy these instead:
Yes, Isaac made the cake!

Christy made this awesome banner.  I think Michelle might even use it in the nursery. 

Prayer book for the Tanners


Christy, Michelle, and me. 
Our music minister Matt may be on sabbatical, but that doesn't mean the rest of us are on break.  I suppose we should've known that if Adam Paul Williams was coming to town for a Sunday night concert that we'd be singing with him, but most of us didn't put it all together until this past Wednesday night when we all made it to our first rehearsal since July 4th.  Oh, sight reading, how you keep me on my toes!  Heavens to Betsy, was my brain in overtime to keep up with some insane rhythms and lots of fast words.  And, if you know me, you know I loved every last second of it!  Phenomenal doesn't begin to describe Adam, and it's a joy for us to get to share the stage with him.  If nothing else, I so appreciate sitting and worshiping through his songs when we aren't singing.  Perfect way to start the first week of school. 

This isn't from our church, and the sound quality isn't the best, but it's one of my favorite songs that Adam sings:

1 comment:

Christy said...

I had such a blast throwing Michelle's shower with you last weekend! Great pics of a great afternoon!
~CC

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...