Monday, May 2, 2011

Mad Man

How to react to the death of a person whose goal in life is the destruction of others is a conundrum for me.

Part of my soul aches at the memories of the WTC attack in '93, the attack on the USS Cole, several attacks on US Embassies around the world, and of course 9/11.  So many people on at least 3 continents have died because Usama bin Laden held so much hate in his heart.  He allowed Satan to manipulate him and use him as a pawn for Evil.  Countless soldiers from around the world have given their time, and many their lives, as they worked together to stop this man and those who chose to follow him.  I can't help but think of those who have been suffering for years and years as they adjust to a new normal-from the loss of a loved one, the loss of a limb, life changing injuries, or PTSD.  This part of me is glad this man is gone and no longer able to cause harm to this world.

Another part of me fears that bin Laden's followers will see this as a time to strengthen their work.  Their leader has been martyred in their eyes, and it wouldn't surprise me if they use this opportunity for revenge as a way to further their demented cause.  I know Satan would like nothing better than to see more innocent lives lost.

Then there is the part of my soul that knows that God doesn't like to send His creation to eternal damnation.  The Lord didn't make us to spend eternity separated from our Creator.  However, I know that God is just and fair, and He has chosen to punish those who refuse to accept Christ.  Then, I can't decide if I feel sorry for bin Laden or not because I bet he knew truth.  He grew up too wealthy and with too much knowledge of the world to not know the message of the Gospel.  It's just hard for me to feel sympathy for a person who is given the opportunity to accept Truth just to see them turn around and snub it in word and deed.  Of course, we all deserve eternal death, but don't those who refuse to accept Eternal Life deserve what they get?  See, this is why God made sure He was God and not me...I'm a bit cold hearted at times.

The summation of all of the headlines and happenings of the past week and the weeks to come boil down to this: we live in a broken world desperately in need of a Savior.  The good news is, we have One.  Jesus Christ is God in flesh, who willing offered His life and rose from the dead so that we may have life forever with Him, if we trust Him and repent of our sinful ways. God is ALWAYS on His thrown and in control, and He is not content to let the Devil wreck havoc for much more time. Satan won't reign over the ways of this world forever.  More and more signs point out that Satan's time is growing quite short.  Christ will reign ON Earth again-for all eternity.  Believers will live with Him on that new Earth, and it will be glorious.  The book of Revelation is full of this truth.

Joel Rosenberg stated similar sentiments much better than I did today.  They're worth your time.

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...