Saturday, May 21, 2011

Mamma Mia!

Some of my earliest memories are in our house in Paducah of my mom and her 'sister' (she has 2 ladies, Donna and Patti, she chose as sisters as a young adult since she grew up an only child) singing ABBA and dancing around our kitchen.  When Mamma Mia was created, it seemed to be their dream come true!  As the film debuted in theaters, all three women were rejoicing.  Needless to say, when the three of them and their daughters gather, there will always be chocolate, wine, and some form of ABBA music.  I'm still waiting for the "Super Troupers' scene to be recreated...

This morning, Mom and Nanny were planning on having their hair dresser come to Magnolia to style their hair for tonight.  Nanny's sister Aunt Mary (Aunt Sissy...whichever) and I decided to join in the beautifying process as well.  I brought the Ipod dock down to Nanny and Dede's hotel room and cranked up the Mamma Mia soundtrack.  It wasn't long before Aunt Donna and Patti and her daughter Bethany had joined us.  Donna said she'd found Mamma Mia the movie on TBS, so off went the Ipod and on went the TV.  WHAT A BLAST!  Poor Sandy had a hard time keeping still whoever happened to be in her styling chair at the moment!  Our boys got wind of the impromptu dance party and sent up Bloody Marys from the bar.  I must say: NASTY.  However, it did add to the fun, and it certainly took away any pre-wedding jitters anyone had.  I loved soaking up every second of those couple of hours with my family.  Those family days are so few and far between, and I crave them.  God has blessed me beyond what I deserve. 

The poor waiter had no idea what he was walking in to...
Aunt Sissy, me, Nanny, Patti, Bethany, Aunt Donna, and Mom

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...