Sunday, May 8, 2011

Happy Mother's Day

Of course, I'm a little biased, but I know I have the best Mommy and Nanny in the world.  Not many moms will put their lives on hold and move to college for 2 1/2 years to take care of a sick kid so the sick kid can stay in school and graduate on time because the kid is just that darn stubborn.  If I've learned anything in life, it's that on earth, only moms and grandmas love unconditionally.  There are so many fun stories to tell about my time with my mom and Nanny, but the bottom line is that I've had 26 years full of amazing love.
Mom and her kids

Nanny, Mom, and their kids
At my house, I got spoiled rotten by my two kids.  The world geography teacher in me saw this Scentsy warmer, and thought it was super cool, though I had no intention of purchasing it.  Isaac had it waiting for me this morning.  I love that the top has the Jesus fish en-crowning the world-subtle reminder that Christ is Lord of Heaven and Earth.
Their daddy helped them find the PERFECT card for me.

Haha!  With pets, this is so true!

See, for 5 weeks, since Aggie Belle joined us, I haven't had more than 3 minutes to myself.  If I go to the bathroom, Bailey is jumping on me and Aggie is sitting on my feet.  If I close the door, they both sit outside of it and whimper.  Aggie insists on 'drying' me when I get out of the shower.  She sits on my feet while I get ready in the mornings and while I'm in the kitchen.  Trying handling hot pans or curling irons with a 20 pound wiggle worm on your feet.  When I sit down to tie my shoes, both of them jump in my lap.  The list goes on.  While I obviously don't mind it, there are times I want to scream, "Just let me pee in peace!".  When I told Mom about this, and how I thought she was nuts for having one dog and then two babies under 19 months, she told me that now I knew what was wrong with her.  Ha (there really isn't anything wrong with her...just a funny joke!).  These two puppies love their mommy, and I am grateful.  This is the scene I saw upon getting out of the shower one night this week:
Hi, Mommy!  Come play!
While all of this puppy mommyhood is fun and wonderful, not having Jessy home with us has laid heavy on my heart on this day celebrating mommies.  I hate that there is a law keeping me from having my little girl home forever with us.  For now, we're writing letters and mailing pictures and waiting for God to grant me the ability to travel for a visit, and Isaac fills me with encouragement on the hard days.  What a blessing to be able to love, even from a distance. 

1 comment:

Kristin said...

So adorable. What a sweet gift from Isaac and your little pups. :) Love you and love your new design for your blog! So pretty!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...