Friday, May 20, 2011

Rehearsal Dinner

Tonight we gathered with so many wonderful people to celebrate David and Laura.  I often enjoy rehearsal dinners more than weddings because just those closest to the bride and groom are in attendance and the intimate time with family and friends is always a joy.  We were missing my cousin Bethany tonight or else I'd say it was perfect.


I had yet to see inside First Presbyterian, and I was not disappointed.  The sanctuary is classic and beautiful, with a long center aisle. 

Mom and Dad hosted a fabulous dinner in one of Maggiano's private rooms.  The food was delicious tonight; I think all we've done all day was eat!  Mom's friends Tina and Debbie did a fabulous job decorating the tables and the room.  Mom and Paula, Laura's mom, put together photos of the kids when they were little to display around the room.  So cute!

Dede, Nanny, Isaac, me, and my adopted grandparents Diane and Fred, my grandparents' best friends for over 24 years.

Dad, David, Aunt Donna, Mom, Laura, Aunt Patti, me, and Isaac
David and friends Carson, Sam, Jordan, and Mark

Mark, Paula, Laura, and Matt
My poor dad-every time he has to give a speech about one of his kids, he starts to choke up.  What can I say?  He raised two pretty awesome kids (ok, that number is debatable for so many reasons...sometimes it's 3; other times it's 7, but from start to finish, 2) and he's rather proud.  Whether the pride is from our accomplishments or his is still to be determined.  hehehe  Still, my aunt B gave a great tribute to David's wealth of baseball cards, our Sissy talked about fun little man memories, Dede and Dr. Fred talked about learning to show affection with David because their fathers didn't love that way, sooooooo many friends told stories from high school and college, and I learned even more about my brother and new sister.  It was a great night, and I won't repeat stories here and embarrass them even more. 

I loved that when I got back to the hotel, Bethany was waiting on us and I got a huge hug before crashing in bed for the night.  Family reunion is complete!

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...