Tuesday, July 20, 2010

This Too, Shall Pass

I found out this evening that the entire older baby nursery at HOM was quarantineed with measles and no one outside of the care givers could handle the upstairs babies as many of them aren't old enough for the MMR vacination yet. Several of the babies, including a few of my dear hearts, have been in the measles wing of the hospital. There's not a darn thing I could do if I were there, but I physically ache to be there anyway. It seems like the worst of it is over, so hopefully things will be loud and chaotic around the house again soon!

Mama Irene, who oversees all that happens specifically at HOM, came down with Malaria last week. Irene is the most precious, passionate woman I met while in Zambia. My day wasn't complete until I'd sought her out for a hug and kiss. In true Irene fashion, she's been at work as much as possible, though she feels miserable. I don't understand how she got malaria when I only saw one mosquito the entire time I was in Zambia. Pesky little boogers.

I heard from Marissa that last week on of the ladies at Zambeadzies was beaten by her husband so badly she couldn't come to work. When I read those words, bad words came out of my mouth, I'm ashamed to say. While domestic violence is sadly common in Zambia, I was hoping it wasn't nearly the problem in the Christian households. Pray for these families to be broken out of this cycle and for each member to find their identity and power in the Lord of Lords.

My heart aches. I want to go home so badly. I know there are so many more things these hands of mine could be doing there. Pray for God's timing on our return, and pray God opens doors for me to use these hands here in the mean time.

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...