Monday, July 26, 2010

Real or Fake

Ugh. I knew this day would come. Sorry Mom, but I am my mother's daughter, which I knew meant that this blonde hair of mine would not stay blonde much past turning 25. Mom had long, silky, beach blonde hair, just like I've had for ages, until she was about my age, and then it started getting darker. I'm now there. It is growing in brown, and if something isn't done soon, instead of the pretty sun high lights I have, it's going to look like a major hair disaster struck.

It doesn't help that some type of mineral in the water in Zambia coated my hair and made it even darker all over. Being back in the States for two weeks has washed out most of whatever that mineral was, but my hair is still much duller than it was before.

So, the big question now is whether I want to pay every 4-6 weeks to keep it Tinker Bell blonde (what Isaac calls it) or pay once to get my hair to match my roots and be done with it. Isaac said he married a blonde and wants it to stay that way, but I don't know. I better decide fast though because I want this done before school starts so my kids don't think I'm nuts!

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...