Sunday, September 9, 2012

Pumpkin Puppy Pastries

Bailey and Aggie Belle love pumpkin as much as I do.  Actually, it's possible they love it even more than their mommy since they will lick the puree straight from a dish.  I need a bit more flavor.  I decided it wasn't fair that I was the only one reaping the benefits of the Fall pumpkin cooking season, so I researched some pumpkin dog treats today and found this one from AllRecipes.com:

Pumpkin and Peanut Butter Dog Treats

Ingredients

  • 2 1/2 cups whole wheat flour (I'm going to cut this down to 2 cups next time-my dough came out so crumbly I had to use some water and a dab of olive oil )
  • 2 eggs
  • 1/2 cup canned pumpkin (I used closer to one full cup)
  • 2 tablespoons peanut butter
  • 1/2 teaspoon salt
  • 1/2 teaspoon ground cinnamon

Directions

  1. Preheat oven to 350 degrees F (175 degrees C).
  2. Whisk together the flour, eggs, pumpkin, peanut butter, salt, and cinnamon in a bowl. Add water as needed to help make the dough workable, but the dough should be dry and stiff. Roll the dough into a 1/2-inch-thick roll. Cut into 1/2-inch pieces. (I used my pumpkin cookie cutter to make cute shapes)
  3. Bake in preheated oven until hard, about 40 minutes.(Mine only need 15 minutes because of their small size)
 
 


New favorite treat.

This lady hoarded hers and wouldn't let me take a real picture.  I guess that means she likes it.  :)

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...