Wednesday, May 16, 2012

What I'm Loving Wednesday

Oh, this week has been so wonderful!

I'm loving that Saturday I got to go to the Art in History training (scroll down a few posts to see my fun!) and then got a call that evening asking me to travel with the grant again this summer.  Woohoo!  I have 16 days of history packed fun from southern Virginia up to Boston in July.  I. Can't. Wait. 

I'm loving that we close on our new house on Friday.  As long as my sub shows up after lunch, it should be a stress-free start to being home owners.  Let the painting begin!

I'm loving that our Christians in Action (CIA) club at school had their end of the year bash last night.  I got to attend, and while the state might try hard to severely limit the involvement teachers have in religious clubs at school, they can't stop me from going after school in the evenings on my own time.  I love that about 50 kids showed up to play ball, eat, learn some break dancing, eat, sing, eat, and listen to Rock give his testimony.  I love that we had a group of guys come and love on our kids.  So many pre-teens and teens think that Christians can't have fun, but I think tonight proved them wrong.  They were hot sweaty messes running and playing and laughing and being encouraged in positive ways.  The guys showed the kids how to have fun on the court/field using encouraging, uplifting words instead of making everything a show-off competition that gets ugly.  Then they showed our kids how to break dance.  A worship team from a local church came to lead praise and worship.  Rock, our police officer's son, came and gave his testimony.  I've mentioned him before; he's been helping with the weekly Wednesday morning meetings.  He was in prison by 16 and served a 15 year sentence.  Rock relates to the kids so well.  Our school is now 51% minority and 1/3 economically disadvantage, so these kids need role models who aren't just the white lady teachers in the classrooms.  I think I'm cool, but let's face it-I'm not.  God has answered our prayers to bring in role models and solid Christian leadership.  And, I get to cuddle sweet baby Gabriel, so everybody is happy!  I wish FERPA didn't prevent me from posting pictures of the kids, so you'll just have to trust me when I say they had fun and were totally engaged.  What a privilege to worship with students and silently pray over them while the Gospel was presented to them.  Our God is so great!  I can't wait to see the fruit that comes from our continued prayers.
The break dancing team

Worship
Rock
What are you loving this week?

Linking up with Jamie.

1 comment:

Sarah said...

Stop - that breakdancing seems like so much fun! Love the band!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...