Wednesday, January 22, 2014

WFMW: Vicks for Cough

Y'all, my go-to medication for fighting Houston allergies is Mucinex D.  This stuff is wonderful for me!  But, from November until last week, I couldn't take it.  For those of you up north where nothing is blooming and 'allergy' is relegated to pets, great for you.  For those of us who don't know what a 'dead season' is, well, you know my suffering.  The things I was allowed to take 1st trimester were not making a dent in the congestion, cough, and goop that comes with Houston allergies.  Essential oils weren't helping either.  Someone told me to rub Vicks on my feet before going to sleep.  I'd heard that piece of advice before but still was skeptical.  However, back in December, I was so sick I was willing to try anything that might help and wouldn't hurt the baby.  It worked!  I slept through the night, Isaac slept through the night, and everybody was happy the next morning.  I've used this several times since then, including this week.  This is certainly a trick I'll be pulling out again and again!  Piece of advice: wear socks so you don't get your sheets greasy or slip and fall on tile getting to bed.  Here's the restful nights and no coughing!  This is what works for me, and I hope it works for you!

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...