Friday, January 17, 2014

Friday Favorites

http://www.the-good-life-blog.com/search/label/FIVE%20on%20Friday

Linking up today with The Good Life Blog and The Diary of a Real Housewife.

We decided to take the Christmas money my parents and grandparents gave us and put it toward a dining room table.  Yes, I know, we did the trip instead of gifts this year, but they decided to surprise us with a treat anyway.  We were humbled and blessed and learned how to be receivers instead of just givers with that one.  Anyway, Isaac and I had one room that still didn't have furniture-our dining room.  We both love very classic, ornate dining table styes, but finding a set that didn't break the bank AND fit in our rather small dining room has been a trip.  At least we have the same tastes?!?!  We scourged through the after-Christmas sales, and found a beautiful table and chairs from Rooms to Go that was in our budget.  I knew Isaac would make the purchase this month before the sale ended.  I didn't know that he'd been saving up money to buy the buffet and hutch (china cabinet) to go with it.  I walked in from work on Wednesday, and my dining room was full of beautiful furniture!  Now we can host truly huge dinner parties and hopefully be an even bigger blessing of hospitality to others!  And, now I have a place to display my great-grandmother's china that's been waiting for me for over 2 decades.  Wow!  I know things aren't what makes life, but some things have memories attached, so to be able to share heritage with the next generation just gets to me. 


Vision is this weekend.  We'll have a house full of 8th grade girls and a weekend full of Jesus.  Can't wait.


This dude stood in the cold, dark, predawn hours to get presale Rodeo tickets for us this week.  Reba and Zac Brown, here we come!


These two.  Melt my heart.  They are going to be the greatest big siblings to this baby! 

We go today to get blood work done to find out if this baby is a boy or girl.  It'll still be a while before we get results, but it'll be nice to know who this kid is!

2 comments:

Jaimee Granberry said...

Many congrats on your bundle of joy! Motherhood is the biggest blessing!

Elise @ Her Heart and Home said...

Hey sweetness!! Just found your blog thanks to the linkup...aaaand immediately started following after reading the little tidbits about you on your sidebar. Hello, sister in Christ!!! :) Love how the blogging community has a fellowship in its own!! Anyway..I'm your newest GFC follower...woopwoop to that!

Moving on...your fam is precious. Yay for pups. And eeeee! You get to find out if you're having a boy/girl so soon! I am so happy to be following along at such an exciting time!

Looking forward to journeying along with you, girlie! xx

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...