Wednesday, April 10, 2013

What I'm Loving Wednesday


The country station keeps paying Mumford and Sons "I Will Wait".  I love this song.  It's not Nashville country, but these 4 Brits know their music.  Each plays an instrument and sings...they don't depend on a studio to make them musicians. Mumford and Sons uses lines from Shakespeare and Greek mythology.  Too cool.  The banjo in this song is just fabulous.  The whole song just drives.  And, any band that uses a bass is a keeper in my book.  I have a love affair with bass instruments.  It's not a secret.  Talk about an instrument with versatility and depth to its sound.  Love.


I love this book.  It's fabulous for little bitties, but my 6th graders enjoy it too.  We're reading it this week as part of even more human trafficking lessons.  It's the whole 2nd semester theme in my class.  I love the kid friendly language and the sense of empowerment this book gives the kids.  Slavery often leaves them feeling helpless and disturbed, but this book does the opposite.  Teacher score (or mommy score)!

I love planning our mini trip to Victoria Falls.  I told Isaac I wouldn't visit until he was with me, and I kept my word.  I can't wait to get there.  It'll be hard to leave the kids we'll be with for those few days, but I think it's going to be worth it.  Just shy of 9 weeks!

I love this waterfall braid.  I need to get my Vision girls back to the house for hair tutorials.  I am all thumbs when it comes to styling hair.

I want a new lamp for my piano. The one I have is the one my dad bought when he bought the piano nearly 30 years ago.  It's time, friends.  I'm loving these choices:




I love my Jesus!

What are you loving this week?

Linking up with Jamie.


1 comment:

Jennifer said...

Where is Victoria Falls? It looks beautiful!

Ramblings of a Suburban Mom

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...