Friday, September 2, 2011

Teaching Stats


I'm still soaking in that this is my fifth year teaching.  Time flies!  I love my job, so it makes sense that it feels my first day was two weeks ago, but wow!  While I feel like parents question me less and less, I still look like an 8th grader which makes it hard to come across as a professional to someone who is 50 and has a PhD in astrophysics.  I'm not complaining, but I'm grateful for the respect 5 years has granted me.

Two weeks into this fifth year, things are still going great!  I'm teaching GT kids for the first time, and we're having fun.  I still have my language learners, and they're always a good group. I only have about 13 of them this year, so my numbers are down this year.


Currently, I have 160 students that I teach.  At least one of those 160 was born in one of the following places: Russia, Japan, South Korea, Mexico, Ghana, El Salvador, Colombia, Nepal, India, and Honduras.  Since I'm the world cultures teacher, I love this!  I think it's so cool to see what these kiddos can offer our class from first hand knowledge and experience.  Some of them came to America as little bitty kiddos and don't remember much, but often much of their culture is still practice at home.  I think it's such a blessing to get to be a blessing to the nations without ever leaving Clear Lake!




No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...