Monday, September 26, 2011

Pumpkin Pancakes

It's still 100 degrees outside (literally), but I couldn't wait any longer to dive into one of my favorite things about Fall and Winter: all things PUMPKIN!  The only time I like the color orange is when it comes in pumpkin.  :)

In less than 36 hours, I've made my mom's bestest pumpkin cookies and I just made a batch of pumpkin pancakes to throw in the freezer to be heated in the toaster in the mornings to come. My friend Laine gave me this recipe a few years ago, and it's a hit in this house.  The dogs sure love getting pureed pumpkin for dessert too!

2 1/4 cups all purpose flour (I use whole wheat).
4 teaspoon baking powder
1 1/2 teaspoon salt
7 tablespoon sugar
2 1/2 teaspoon cinnamon
1 1/4 teaspoon ginger
1/2 teaspoon nutmeg
1 3/4 cups milk
1 egg
3 tablespoons butter (melted)
1 ½ cups pumpkin puree

In a medium size bowl, sift together the dry ingredients.


In a small bowl, combine the milk, egg, and butter.

Add the milk mixture to the dry ingredients, mix until smooth.


Stir in the pumpkin puree until combined.

On medium heat, scoop the batter into a non-stick skillet and cook like you would a normal pancake.

Yields 16 pancakes using a 1/4 cup scoop.

These come out very thick.  Add more milk if you like thinner pancakes.  :)

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...