Sunday, November 25, 2012

Thanksgiving Recap

This has been one of the most fun Thanksgiving breaks in quite some time.  David and Laura came down to my parents for the last half of the week, so my brood headed to Pearland each evening to visit, eat, play games, and watch football.  Aggie Belle and Layla provided copious amounts of free entertainment, chasing each other and sharing raw hide bones.  Nothing quite like watching a 60 pound dog on one end and an 8.5 pound dog on the either end, gnawing away without a care in the world.  That scene tied in my opinion with catching Layla licking the butter while Dad prayed over our meal on Thursday.  So, so funny!  I wish we had kids running around, but the dogs will certainly keep us entertained in the mean time.

The best idea of the whole weekend was to leave the boys at home yesterday for my Nanny, Mom, Laura, and me to go pick up food before the Aggie game.  We definitely enjoyed our cranberry margaritas while we waited for them to cook our to-go order.  Lots of great conversation and laughter, and that's just how it should be.  We capped off the night with an Aggie win and some amazing Johnny Football plays.

I'm so sorry for the lack of pictures, but my family just isn't the photo snapping type.  Just know we had a blast being thankful for each other and jobs that allow us to be together. 

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...