Wednesday, April 11, 2012

What I'm Loving Wednesday


I'm loving that my amaryllis finally decided to bloom! A student gave me the bulb 2 1/2 years ago as a gift.  It is supposed to sit in a dark place for 6 weeks, be set out, and bloom in the Spring.  Yeah, that didn't happen.  For TWO springs.  Then, this year, it bloomed, just in time for Easter.  Super cool!

Saturday night I got to visit Taste of Texas for the first time.  We were celebrating Laura's birthday there (Happy birthday come Thursday, Laura!).  Taste of Texas is a phenomenal steak house.  It's about 30 minutes from our house, but totally worth the drive.  They have a soda bar, warm chips and queso, and popcorn machine while folks wait for their table.  Their menu is extensive (and expensive), but the steaks are melt-in-your mouth amazing.  Isaac ordered steak, and I ordered lobster so we could make our own surf 'n turf.  Wow.  Delightful.  I think David's birthday is next, and I hope he picks Taste of Texas too! Please ignore the horrible photo quality.  My phone doesn't have a flash, and the lighting was dim.


Birthday Girl!

I saw these pjs in a shop early in the Spring.  They didn't have my size, but I scoured the internet until I found them on mud-pie's website.  I so adore giraffes and green and pjs, so this was just a perfect combination for me for the upcoming warmer nights.

I'm also loving our full blown house hunting.  It's exhausting, but we're having a great time.  We found a house today we're going pray about putting in an offer.  The house is a bit further from my parents than I'd like for it to be, and there's not yet a pool in the yard, but the house itself is just about perfect.  Check back for updates!

What are you loving this week?

As always, linking up with Jamie.

2 comments:

Sugarr2518 said...

That picture with your dog and your flower is just precious! Perfect timing:) I'm loving all of the flowers that are blooming too! I just can't get enough of them. We have a lilac bush in our backyard and I've already cut 6 bouquets out! I hope you enjoy the rest of your Wednesday:)

Unknown said...

yay for birthdays! love celebrating them :) and that shot of the dog is hilarious.

hope you had a great weekend :)

{I have a giveaway going on right now. Love for you to enter! amyreneonline.com}

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...