Friday, April 6, 2012

Good Friday

I'm not sure anyone wants to go to Good Friday services.  Good Friday is a funeral of sorts.  It's heavy on the soul.  My heart aches.  My Lord died for me.  He didn't have to.  Jesus could have saved Himself.  But, He loves me (and you, and you, and you) so much that He was obedient to a plan that called for His death for my life.  That hurts.  Deeply. 

See, as a kid, I had a thing for Superman.  Not a crush, I just though he was cool.  No other superhero ever piqued my interest, but Superman did.  In my eyes, Christ is much like Superman....except He's real and not sci-fi make believe.  Like Superman, only one thing could kill Jesus-my sin.  Yet, unlike Superman, who would stay dead with kryptonite, Jesus wouldn't be defeated.  He conquered the grave-my sin-so I can live for Him on Earth and with Him in Heaven.  AMEN!  Thank You, Jesus, for Your obedience for me.

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...