Sunday, April 15, 2012

Weekend Recap

I'm having a flair up of endometriosis, so I'm not the happiest camper in the park, but I got to spend lots of time with friends this weekend, which helped tremendously.  I may or may not decide to do a series of posts of life with advanced stages of endometriosis, so stay tuned (maybe).

Friday night was dinner group with my co-workers.  Isaac was out with his best friend, so I was on my own with a bunch of teachers.  It was so nice to sit out by the water, laugh, and talk about something other than students.  Woohoo!

I got a text from my darling friend Ashley saying she would be in town on Saturday, which just made everything 100 times better!  I scheduled an appointment with our realtor so Ashley could come see the house we're thinking about buying since she doesn't get to make it to Houston very often.  We had fun exploring, and then we headed off to a car dealer to look for a new car for her.  Ashley's very fun car Harriet is on her last leg.  We've had some good times in that car, but it's time to say goodbye.  That evening, I joined Ashley and our friend Michelle and her two girls for a trip to the playground and dinner.  We were all three exhausted (Ashley works way too many hours each week, Michelle is mom to two and expecting twins), but we had so much fun.  I don't think just the three of us had had hangout time since one of my bridal showers nearly three years ago.  Ridiculous.  I had little Madisyn take a picture of us before I called it a night.  It's a special photo not because we look smashingly hot but because it's real life! 

So grateful for these two ladies! 

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...