Friday, August 19, 2011

Ozinga Family Cruise Days 6 & 7 & 8

Friday was our day to be in Cozumel.  I learned last year that I actually enjoy Cozumel despite my extreme dislike for Mexico.  We went scuba diving last year, and while I cringed at the idea of passing up opportunities to swim with the sea creatures, Isla Pasion was calling my name.  My parents visited the little white island several years ago, and my toes have been itching to sink into that sand ever since I saw their photos.  Penny and Dave decided to join us this day while Sarah and Jacob explored Mayan ruins.

Cozumel Port
Passion Island, as the Americans call it, is nothing more than a spit of fluffy white sand about a 30 minute boat ride from the cruise port in Cozumel.  And...it's stunning.  It's owned by the cruise lines, and they only allow so many people to travel to it each day meaning the beach is never crowded, walks are always secluded, and there's never a line for anything. A while back Dos XX told the cruise lines that if they would only sell Dos XX beer (Corona filmed all their commercials there previously), they would provide peddle boats, kayaks, and water inflatable toys (think blobs and ice bergs) for the guests.  While none of that is necessary to thoroughly enjoy all the island offers, we did have some fun, and Isaac and his dad had a bit of a climbing and balancing competition.



I really just wanted to sit myself in that fluffy, warm goodness and not move, but swimming and walking took up much of my day.  The lunch buffet was tasty, and a great distraction during the 15 minute rain shower.  Passion Island is such a fun taste of paradise!



Saturday was our last day, and a fun day at sea.  In the morning I received a massage and facial while Sarah and Jacob took a behind the scenes tour of the ship.  In the afternoon was took turns racing down the 5 story slide for the last time before cleaning up for dinner.  We were not happy campers when we had to say goodbye to Denis for the last time, but we're hoping he and Amy will take us up on the offer to get a behind the scenes tour of NASA.  The final show was hysterical; several guests had auditioned to perform with the singers and dancers to be famous stars throughout the decades and genres.  Lots of good fun, and a great way to end the trip!
Swan, Frog, Puppy, Elephant, and Orangutan zoo that grew for us during the week.

While none of us were ready to get off the ship on Sunday, we were ready to be home.  I think we made it off the ship by 8:30 and were home by 9:15.  I kept busy unpacking, doing laundry, and grocery shopping before we crashed for naps.  My parents had all of us, my brother and sister-in-law, and my grandparents over for Goode Co BBQ and homemade ice cream.  Yum!  The best part of the day was having our sweet puppies again.  :)

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...