Sunday, August 7, 2011

Heart of Worship

My favorite part of Sunday morning church is not an official part of worship or Sunday School, but the 20-30 minutes I spend sitting in the front pew before heading upstairs to get ready for choir warm-ups.  Isaac has to be at church by 8:45 for orchestra rehearsals, so I have several minutes to sit and listen to all of the instruments tuning and warming up for worship.  During the summer weeks, orchestra can be a bit scant with folks on vacation, but usually we have a full orchestra to lead worship.  It's a beautiful time to sit and listen to the music and meditate on the words. It feels like the scene in Pocahontas when she's standing on the cliff with the leaves swirling up around her.  The harmonies and melodies swell in our sanctuary and fill my spirit.  I love this opportunity because being in the choir means more focus on the music than worship, and this is my own private time to relax and meet with the Spirit one on one.  Then I feel ready to hear God's word with an open heart and later teach God's word to our 5th graders.  So grateful for a husband who plays violin!

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...