Wednesday, August 31, 2011

Creamy Shrimp and Rice

(I don't have a working camera at the moment, so excuse the lack of pictures)
We have become big fans of all of the Philadelphia Cooking Creme flavors.  They are incredibly creamy and make meal prep very easy.  As much as I love teaching, I'm exhausted when I come home, and I want recipes that are simple, tasty, and hopefully nutritious too.  The cooking creme tubs usually have recipes on them, and this is one of those recipes.  Isaac and I both enjoyed the shrimp and rice.

Ingredients:
2 t. olive oil
1/2 C chopped red peppers (I used a green bell pepper from our garden)
1/2 C chopped onion
6 oz package sugar snap peas, halved (Isaac requested asparagus instead, and it was tasty!)
1 lb. frozen, cooked, cleaned medium shrimp, thawed and drained (I used raw and put them in to cook immediately so that the shrimp gained the pepper and onion flavor).
1/4 t. black pepper
1/4 C milk
1 tub Philadelphia Savory Garlic Cooking Creme
2 cups hot cooked rice (I think this would be great with pasta too).

Directions:
-Heat oil in a large skillet on medium-high heat.  Add peppers and onions; cook and stir 4-5 minutes or until crisp-tender.
-Stir in peas (asparagus for us); cook 3-4 minutes or until heated through, stirring frequently.
-Add shrimp, black pepper, and milk; cook and stir 3 minutes or until heated through.
-Add cooking creme; cook and stir 2 minutes
-Serve over rice.

Yum!
.

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...