Wednesday, July 15, 2015

That Time I Drove a Corvette

Everybody knows I'm a truck girl.  The bigger the pickup truck, the happier the girl.  I don't care for sports cars or sleek CUVs.  I want something I can use to be higher than everyone else on the freeway and pull behind me the boat and (someday) horse trailer.  That's what makes me happy.  Case in point is here.

When our cousin Jason came down to see us in Ohio for July 4th weekend, he drove a Corvette.  One of the perks of working for GM is occasionally getting to borrow sleek cars for a week.  Everyone was fawning over the thing like it was the most beautiful child they'd ever seen.  I finally caved and went out for spell.  That puppy is much too low to the ground for me long term, but it sure was fun to sit.  Man Cub thought he was hot stuff 'driving' it.

Jason took me for a ride as the sun was setting on hilly, back country roads.  Ok, that had me.  Those are my kinds of roads.  The whole family ended up driving the thing and convinced me I needed to drive it too.  Ah, peer pressure.  Have I mentioned I don't know how to drive a stick shift?  No?  Well, I didn't.  I do now...sort of.  It was a bit rough to get going, but I got the hang, and off we went.  In the dark.  On hilly, back country roads.  I became a believer, at least for right then.


I still want another pick-up truck when the time comes to go car shopping again, but I won't be so quick poo-poo the random need for speed and silk that others have.  Lucky for me, the jet ski does the same thing!  Whether sports car or jet ski, just be ready for crazy hair!

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...