Friday, June 11, 2010

It's Summer!

Ok, I'm being honest: I miss school! I have more lessons I want to teach, there are more places in the world I want to explore with my kids, I miss theirs stories and jokes, I miss the excitement when they figure out a new idea, and I miss their debates on global issues. I want more hugs and smiles and laughs! It was such a great school year. My 'babies', all 147 of them, were phenomenal, as were their parents. It doesn't get much better than that. Already praying for the next bunch, though I know 6th grade is the last thing on their little minds at the moment.

Since I can't escape summer vacation, I'm embracing it! The first week has been nice, and lots has been accomplished. Ashley and I were able to enjoy some quality chats in her last few days with us, I babysat some of my favorite kids, gotten to lay in the sun, spoil sweet Bailey rotten, get dismissed from jury duty, get the Hep A vacc and malaria prescription for Africa, exercise, sleep until 9:00 a few times, I've read three books already, and plan a Scentsy party. What a week!

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...