Saturday, June 19, 2010

It's a Bride on Her Wedding Day...

...It's Something Beautiful
Today one of my most precious friends in the world was married to a great guy! Ashley has been a dear friend since sophmore year when she joined Phi Lamb, and it's been a pleaure having her leave no more than 5 minutes away from me the past three years in Clear Lake. She has stuck with me through all kinds of fun and heartache, and she made one heck of a MOH back in August!
I remember when I first figured out Tim liked Ashley. Valentina was in Clear Lake from Germany for 2 months, and Isaac and I had just started dating. The three of us girls wanted to go to the wine bar near us, and wanted to have friends join us. I knew Isaac would come, but the only other person who came was Tim. The boy couldn't keep his eyes off Ashley the whole night! That was in February of '08, and at the time, Ashley had no interest in any boy and only wanted to finish grad school and move back to Dallas. The girl was adamant, and it was hilarious listening to her. I kept telling her she was simply asking for it by telling God her plans, but I do believe now she whole heartedly agrees God had the better idea. Ashley didn't get convinced Tim really liked her until that summer, with the wonderful help of the Tanners. Thank you, Will and Michelle!

Ashley and Tim's wedding was lovely, and I have lots and lots and lots of pictures. I haven't even seen them all, but I wanted to make sure June 19th, 2010 was marked as a special day, as it most certainly was!


After a brief honeymoon and reception in Missouri for Tim's large extended family, the Assels are moving to Aggieland for Ashley to be an LSSP for CSISD, and Tim will start his PhD. Ash, I'm going to miss our weekly (mostly) dinner dates and Bible study with you. I love you, sweet friend!

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...